Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Peeps: All About Second Chances

Taken April 13th, 2011
This is Peeps, a chick I rescued last month from the ranch. She was injured with a badly infected leg. My friend and I found her struggling to keep up with her brood, fighting to stay alive despite the odds stacked against her. It was heart-wrenching.

We rescued her, and I nursed her back to health. Now, much bigger with most of her yellow fluff gone, Peeps is ready to move onto better things, and live her life out as a chicken should: where the sun shines, the grass is green, and soft rich dirt to scratch around in. Ideally, I would love to keep her. But we do not live in an ideal world and have to make tough choices that benefit those we love most, even if it means letting go.

So now comes the decision to choose the best home for her, and wish her the best with our blessings.

No comments: